Are you or someone you know taking antacids on a daily basis? Antacids cause ulcers, chronic inflammation, leaky gut, food allergies, anemia, inflammatory bowel digestive issues disease, restless leg...
Your stomach is a very acid environment with a pH at 2 or less. Stomach acid is essential for to absorb vitamin B-12 and minerals that allow you to release hormones from the pancreas, without which can lead to development of diabetes.
It also helps breakdown protein. When you don't have stomach acid to breakdown food, undigested proteins sit like a rock in the intestines. This slowly eats holes in your intestines and this inflammation begins a detrimental snowball effect. When you start to have holes in your intestines, food starts to leak into your bloodstream (leading to leaky gut syndrome). This is awful because the immune system goes into overdrive to kill the unknown substances in the blood...NOW we have food allergies! So if you are a fan of cereal and skim milk, you will most likely have a wheat, corn and dairy allergy...oh boy!
When this happens, other health issues follow; such as chronic/seasonal allergies, constipation and/or diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease (IBS).
There are many natural ways to clear acid reflex without any side effects. Click HERE to find some natural ways to help.
STEPS TO HEAL:
1. Drink small amounts of room temperature water while eating. Drinking large amounts of cold beverages dilutes your digestive enzymes.
2. Skip the coffee, carbonated beverages, alcohol and aspirin until your intestines are healed.
3. Add in Aloe Vera supplements; it naturally repairs the damage that was done to the esophagus safely. Aloe Vera's major ingredient buffers pH+ and it naturally speeds the healing process.
4. DECREASE Foods that cause the problems: food chemicals, vegetable oils, sugar, and starch. It could also be a food allergy/sensitivity; in this case eliminate gluten or the food causing the issue.
5. Eat foods that heal the intestines: coconut oil, bone broth, and any "healthified" recipe that has no sugar.
6. Add in supplements to heal the intestines so you can enjoy food again! Check out the book: Secrets to a Healthy Metabolism to read more on supplements.
CLICK ON THE WORD TO FIND WHERE TO PURCHASE.
-Probiotics (Bifido and Acidophilius)
*Please contact me for a consult on when, for how long and how much to take of each.
NOTE: Not all coconut flours are the same, click HERE to find the one I use.
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
1 TBS coconut flour
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
Black pepper to taste
2 TBS finely chopped onion
3 cups chicken broth
4 slices bacon, chopped
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 cup asparagus, chopped
4 TBS coconut oil (or butter)
*NOTE: coconut oil = flaky crust
4 TBS coconut flour
2/3 cup almond flour
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
OPTIONAL: 2 TBS Parmesan cheese, grated (for additional 'yum' factor!)
OPTIONAL: 1 egg (for brushing)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.) In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Blend in coconut flour, salt, pepper and onion. Gradually stir in chicken broth. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. In a separate pan, saute chopped bacon and add in mushrooms to saute in bacon fat, then stir into saucepan. Stir in chicken, asparagus, celery. Mix well and pour into bottom of pie pan (or a soup cup like my photo: click HERE to find).
Crust: In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients until a thick dough forms (if you place it in the fridge to chill for a few hours it rolls out better). Place on a greased sheet of parchment, and cover with another piece of greased parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1/8th inch thin crust. Cover the pie pan/soup dishes with crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make a few small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown, and filling is bubbly. Makes 8 servings.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (per serving)
Traditional Pot Pie (with top and bottom crust) = 623 calories, 42g fat, 19g protein, 42 carbs, 3g fiber
"Healthified" Pot Pie = 356 calories, 26g fat, 22g protein, 6.3 carbs, 3.1g fiber