Did you know that you can reverse tooth decay and cavities? And re-grow bones? Many ground breaking studies and research has proven this. In one particular study published in the British Medical Journal and the British Dental journal, divided 62 children with cavities into 3 diet groups for 6 months.
Group A ate their normal diet plus oatmeal (rich in phytic acid).
Group B ate their normal diet plus vitamin D.
Group C ate a grain-free diet and took vitamin D.
In group A, oatmeal prevented healing and encouraged new cavities, the phytic acid prevented mineral absorption. In group B, simply adding vitamin D to the diet healed many of the cavities and decrease the ability of more to form. The most shocking effect was group C; a grain-free diet plus vitamin D basically healed all the cavities and inhibited new cavities to form.
Although group C contained no bread or other cereals, it included a moderate amount of sugar, for plenty of jam, potatoes and vegetables were eaten.
Dr. Weston A Price also had success curing tooth decay using a similar diet. He fed underprivileged children one very nutritious meal a day and monitored their dental health. He also used high-vitamin pastured butter in conjunction with cod liver oil. We now know that the vitamin K2 in pastured butter is important for bone and tooth development and maintenance.
WHAT TO EAT:
1. No unfermented grains (cereal/oatmeal/crackers/breads). Only true sourdough with NO lactic acid if you must, but best = NO GRAINS.
2. QUALITY animal protein, eggs, grass-fed meat, organ meat, fish, bone broth, full-fat pastured dairy products (if tolerated).
3. Nuts; only if soaked overnight in warm water (to eliminate phytic acid).
4. LOTS of Vegetables!
5. Sunlight, cod liver oil and vitamin D3 supplements.
6. A good amount of pastured butter. Click HERE to find the one I use.
7. No food that comes from a box/plastic bag.
8. A limited quantity of low-sugar fruit (1/day or less).
9. No refined sweets.
Eating this way maximizes mineral absorption while also providing abundant fat-soluble vitamins essential for bones and teeth. Say good bye to cavities and hello to healthy bones! *Reminder: soak your nuts first.
2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 3/4 cup Jay Robb vanilla whey or egg white protein
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1 1/4 cup coconut oil or pasture fed butter
1/2 cup Swerve (or erythritol )
1 tsp stevia glycerite
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, vanilla whey protein powder, erythritol, stevia, cinnamon, and salt. Melt the coconut oil. Pour over the dry mixture.
Place the granola onto a large cookie sheet with edges. Place in the oven, and let it bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown Remove from oven and allow to cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an air tight container. Serve with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Makes 48 servings (1/4 cup serving).
1. Add a tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice or nutmeg.
2. Pina Colada Jay Robb protein and a tsp of coconut extract in place of vanilla.
3. Strawberry Jay Robb protein powder and a tsp of strawberry extract
Find different protein powder flavors and extracts HERE.
NUTRITIONAL COMPARISON (1/4 cup serving)
BareNaked Granola = 130 calories, 22 carbs, 2g fiber, 4g protein
"Healthified" Granola = 130 calories, 8g fat, 5.3g protein, 2.3 carbs, 0.9g fiber